How to Uninstall a Package in Salesforce
We can remove any installed package, including all its components and all data in the package. Also, any custom fields, links, or anything else you added to the custom app after installation are also removed.
To remove a package:
- From Setup, enter Installed Packages in the Quick Find box, then select Installed Packages.
- Click Uninstall next to the package that you want to remove.
- Select Yes, I want to uninstall… and click Uninstall.
- After an uninstall, Salesforce automatically creates an export file containing the package data, associated notes, and any attachments. When the uninstall is complete, Salesforce sends an email containing a link to the export file to the user performing the uninstall.
- The export file and related notes and attachments are listed below the list of installed packages. We recommend storing the file elsewhere because it’s available for only two days after the uninstall completes, then it’s deleted from the server.