To install Eclipse : Go to Eclipse web page and download the related eclipse file for your system and extract the zip file. Refer the eclipse link below.
Step 1: Install the Eclipse and Open the Eclipse. Select the work-space by selecting the folder you prescribed for the eclipse to store the data.
Step 2: Install the Salesforce Force IDE to Eclipse by below steps:
- Select Help | Install New Software.
- Click Add. In the Add Repository dialog, set the name to com IDE and the location to “https://developer.salesforce.com/media/force-ide/eclipse45”. Now Click OK.
- To install an older version of the plug-in, deselect Show only the latest versions of available software.
- Eclipse downloads the list of available plug-ins and displays them in the Available Software dialog.
- Select Force.com IDE.
- If you want to install the Apex Debugger or our tools for working with Lightning components, select Force.com Debugger or Force.com Lightning Support.
- In the Install Details dialog, click Next.
- In the Review Licenses dialog, accept the terms and click Finish.
- If you chose to install support for Lightning components, Eclipse displays a warning dialog about installing software that contains unsigned content. We are bundling third-party plug-ins to support Lightning components. Salesforce doesn’t own these third-party plug-ins; hence, we don’t sign them. Click OK to proceed.
- Eclipse downloads and installs the Force.com IDE and the required dependencies. When the installation is complete, you are prompted to restart. Click Yes.
- When Eclipse restarts, select Window | Open Perspective | Other | Select Force.com and then click OK. You are now ready to develop and customize Salesforce applications in Eclipse!
Step 3: Now click on the Create new Java – EE. Now the Enter the Project name and Click Finish.
Step 4: Now Go to File | New | Force.com IDE Project. It open New Force.com IDE Project Dialog box.
Step 5: Enter the Project name, Username and Password of Salesforce account and enter the security token of your org and Click Next.
Steps to find the security token is below:
- Go to settings in your org. In the Search box find the Reset My Security Token.
- Click on the Reset Security token. Now the security token is received to your org mail id.
Step 6: Now select the selected metadata compounds radio button and click choose. Select the Objects – Custom and Objects – Standard folder and click Finish.
Step 7: Now select the Project name that displayed in the Project Explorer. Now select the src | Objects.
Step 8: Now select the metadata in Object folder. Named as “Object name”.Object
Step 9: Now right click the metadata open with XML editor.
Step 10: Now right click and select the Export. Now the Export Popup will be open. Select File system under the General section and click
Step 11: Now select the required Object. In the To Directory select the particular you want to export the classes and triggers and Click Export.
Once the process completed the related Objects will be exported in the selected folder.
Ajeeth Kumar S,