How to Setup Forecast in Salesforce Lightning
1. From Setup, enter Forecasts Settings in the Quick Find box and select Forecasts Settings.
2. Select Enable forecasts and click Save.
Add a Forecasts Tab
- In Setup, type App Manager in the Quick Find box and select App Manager.
- For the Sales app, click the down arrow and select Edit.
- Click Navigation Items and choose Forecasts. You might want to reposition it so it’s near the top of your list.
- Click Save.
- From Setup, enter Profiles in the Quick Find box and select Profiles.
- Select Custom: Sales Profile and then Edit.
- Scroll to the Tab Settings section.
- From the picklist next to Forecasts, select Default On.
- Click Save.
- From Setup, enter Forecasts Settings in the Quick Find box and select Forecasts Settings.
- Click +Add another forecast type.
- From the Forecast Type picklist, choose Product Families.
- Select Revenue as the forecast measurement.
- From the Available Product Families list, choose the product families your team wants to forecast on and add them to the Selected Product Families list.
- Under Select Fields to Show in the Opportunity List, choose the columns to show in the related opportunities list on the forecasts page for the forecast type.
- Opportunity Name
- Account Name
- Forecasted Amount
- Close Data
- Probability (%)
- Forecast Category
- Owner Full Name
- Click OK, then Save.