In Salesforce every users can customize their tab visibility settings. But admin can overwrite this customization.
To achieve this please follow the below steps,
- Go to Setup
- Enter Profile in Quick find box
- Select Profile (Which you want to overwrite the tab customiztion)
- Original profile user interface—Click Edit next to the profile you want to modify and scroll to the Tab Settings section.
- Enhanced profile user interface—Click the profile you want to modify and click Object Settings. Click the object you want to modify and click Edit.
- Change the tab settings like Default On/Off.
End users can’t customize the display of subtab apps. Administrators can hide tabs within subtab apps using the Tab Hidden option in Tab Settings. Users can see tabs set to Default Off and Default On.
- (Original profile user interface only) To reset users’ tab customizations to the tab visibility settings that you specify, select Overwrite users’ personal tab customizations.
- Click Save.
This blog is very useful to learn about how to overwrite user’s tab customization.