How to Add Utility Item in Salesforce
Add a Utility Bar to Lightning Apps
The utility bar is a specialized type of Lightning page that gives your users quick access to common productivity tools, like Notes and Recent Items. It appears as a fixed footer that users can access to open utilities in docked panels.
To add or edit a utility bar at any time follow the below steps.
- From the Home tab in Setup, enter App in the Quick Find box, then select App Manager.
- To edit or add a utility bar to an existing app, click Edit in the dropdown menu next to your app. (To create a Lightning app with a utility bar, click New Lightning App).
- Click the Utility Items tab and add the utilities you want(Like Recent Items,Macros,History etc.,)
Specify component and utility properties, like the height and width of the utility panel, and what label and icon to display in the utility bar. Some utilities have properties that can’t be changed.
- Utility Item is created. Now you can see the created utility item in the App as like below
When creating a utility bar for your app, keep these things in mind:
- Utility bars created using the Lightning App Wizard or in the Lightning App Builder can be assigned to only one Lightning app. However, utility bars created using the API can be assigned to multiple Lightning apps.
- The utility bar doesn’t support Visualforce pages or components.
- The utility bar doesn’t fully support the Chatter Publisher and Feed components.
- The History utility works in Lightning console apps only.
- The Omni-Channel utility works in the Lightning Service Console app only.