How to Create Lightning App in Salesforce
To Create an App follow the below steps,
Create a Custom Object
- Clickand select Setup.
- Enter Object Manager in Quick Find, and select Object Manager.
- Click Create and select Custom Object.
- Create an object as follows:
- Label: Lightning
- Plural Label: Lightnings
- Record Name: Lightning Name
- Data Type: Text
- Under Object Creation Options (available only when custom object is first created), select Launch New Custom Tab Wizard after saving this custom object
- Click Save.
This directs you to the New Custom Object Tab screen. Next, let’s make the tab.
Create a Custom Tab
Note: If the tab wizard didn’t automatically launch, that’s OK. Otherwise Enter Tabs in Quick Find, and select Tabs. In the Custom Object Tabs section, click New.
Follow these steps to create a tab for your custom object.
- Select Lightning for Object.
- Click Tab Style and choose any image.
- Click Next, Next, and Save.
Pull It All Together with an App
- From Setup, enter App Manager in Quick Find and select App Manager.
- Click New Lightning App.
- Complete the New Lightning App wizard as follows:
- App Details & Branding:
- App Name: Lightning App
- Click into the Developer Name field to auto-populate a value
- Click Next
- Click Next on the next two screens (App Options and Utility Bar).
- Select Items:
- Select the Lightnings item and move it to Selected Items box
- Click Next
- Assign to User Profiles:
- Select the System Administrator profile and move it to Selected Items box
- Click Save & Finish
Go to your new Lightning app by clicking the App Launcher.